As a dietitian, offering subscription plans for your clients can be a great way to provide ongoing support and guidance in achieving their health and wellness goals. However, creating effective subscription plans requires more than just choosing a duration and price point. In this blog, we'll discuss different psychological triggers can be used to create subscription plans that effectively meet the needs of your clients and encourage them to sign up.
Here are some tips for defining your subscription plans:
1. Decoy effect: Offer three subscription options at different price points, with the middle option being the "decoy."
Option A: Basic Plan - Rs. 5,000/month
Includes 1 monthly consultation and a customized meal plan
Option B: Premium Plan - Rs. 8,500/month
Includes 2 monthly consultations and a customized meal plan
Option C: Elite Plan - Rs. 9,000/month
Includes 3 monthly consultations, a customized meal plan, and access to exclusive healthy living resources, Unlimited Chat and revisions to plans.
In this example, the Premium plan serves as the decoy option. It is moderately priced and has a slightly more attractive benefit than the basic plan, which makes the Elite plan appear more attractive by comparison.
Watch this National Geographic Decoy Experiment in Movie Theater
2. FOMO (Fear of Missing Out): Offer limited-time discounts or bonuses for clients who sign up within a certain timeframe. For example, you could offer a 10% discount for clients who sign up for the 12-month plan within the next week, or a free nutrition consultation for clients who sign up for the 6-month plan within the next month. By creating a sense of urgency, you can encourage your clients to act quickly and sign up for a subscription plan.
3. Scarcity: Create a sense of scarcity by limiting the number of spots available in each subscription plan. For example, you could only accept 10 clients in the 12-month plan and 5 clients in the 6-month plan. This can tap into clients' fear of missing out on the opportunity to work with you and encourage them to sign up quickly.
4. Social proof: Use testimonials or case studies from previous clients to demonstrate the effectiveness of your subscription plans and the success of your clients. This can help potential clients see the value in your services and encourage them to sign up.
5. Anchoring: Use anchor pricing by starting with a high price and then offering a discounted rate. For example, you could offer the 12-month weight loss plan for INR 90,000, but then offer a discounted rate of INR 72,000 for a limited time. This can make the discounted rate seem like a better deal and encourage clients to sign up. When shopping for a TV or any other product in-store, you may have noticed that salespeople often start by showing you the most expensive option, even if you express that you are not interested. They will highlight the features of this high-end option and then show you the TV that you were originally looking to purchase. As a result, you may end up purchasing a more expensive TV than what you had intended to buy. This is an example of the decoy effect, where the more expensive option is used as a reference point to make the desired option appear more attractive by comparison
In addition to using these psychological triggers, there are a few other things to consider when defining your subscription plans:
Length of the plan: Consider the length of your plans carefully. If your plans are too short, your clients may not see the full benefits of your guidance and support. On the other hand, if your plans are too long, your clients may feel overwhelmed or committed to something they are not ready for.
Price point: Choose a price point that is reasonable and competitive, but also reflects the value of your services. Don't be afraid to charge a premium for your expertise and support.
Inclusions: Clearly outline what is included in each subscription plan, such as the number of consultations, meal plans, or email support. This will help clients understand the value of each plan and make an informed decision.
By using these psychological triggers when making your plans, you can make it more appealing to customers and help your business grow.
You can create such good looking and professional plans with NutriSwift App very easily using the pre-defined template and make duplicates of it for rest of your plans. Give a try with a FREE life-time plan.
Are you ready to revolutionize your nutrition business? NutriSwift has all the tools you need to succeed! With our platform, you can manage your clients, schedule appointments, and even send custom and personalized diet plans directly to NutriSwift client app. Plus, with follow-ups and reminders, you'll be able to stay on top of everything and keep your clients on track. And with our lifetime free plan, you can try NutriSwift risk-free and see for yourself the endless possibilities it offers. So don't wait - sign up now and discover the power of NutriSwift! You won't be disappointed.